Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Tuesdays gratitudes

1. I am grateful for the best little snow shovel in the whole world. We found itabout 15 or 20 years ago and bought 2, one for each of us. A few years back one of them wore out and we have tried a few other shovels since then, but nothing would even compare. Every year we have watched for a shovel just like it at the stores, but have never found one. This year I got a flyer from a store that was having a sale on snow shovels and that got me to thinking about it earlier in the season. I did a search on Google and actually found THE SHOVEL. It was called a Big Foot snow pusher. I was so excited and I tried to buy it online, but the only place that actually "sold" one was back East and it was "pick up only". I was stupefied. How can you not buy a simple snow shovel off of the internet? I thought that was the end of it and we would have to just give up. Well, today I was picking up a few groceries at Albertsons and on my way out the door there it was, staring me in the face. I was SO EXCITED I bought 2 of them right then and there. Now Dennis and I will no longer have to fight over our extremely faithful, OLD, nearly worn out shovel. We can push snow side by side once again. BRING ON THE SNOW!!!

2. I am grateful for the chance meeting of long lost friends (at the grocery store no less). It made my day to run into Christy, a dear friend and past ward member that I haven't seen in several years. To have her as excited as I was made it all the better.

3. I am grateful for Christmas music. I can't get enough of it. It goes on at my house November 1st and stays on until January 1st. It breaks my heart when the radio stations quit playing them. There is something almost magical about it. I have pondered over why I am drawn to it and I think one reason is because it is uplifting, even the songs that are not of a religious nature are uplifting. The music is positive, happy, upbeat, encouraging, full of love, hope, joy and goodness. I am grateful that Dennis loves it as much as I do, if not more. He loves it so much that he wants it played at his funeral no matter what time of year it is. I can't quite go that far.

2 comments:

Christy said...

I love this challenge, and I love to read what you are grateful for! It is a good reminder of what we do have! I love the snow shovel gratitude, isn't it so funny that we get attatched to things to easily? And it always seems that we find the thing we have been searching for in the most unexpected places! I am glad it was there and you saw it! Nice little blessings!

Kellie said...

I'm with you and the Christmas Music! I love it too and can't get enough!