Monday, November 10, 2008

I am thankful for:

1. The sense of smell. How boring life would be without the wonderful scent of the the air after a rain storm, sweet smells from baking such as fresh homemade bread, cookies, peach cobbler, pies, etc. How about pine trees, roses, a new baby, or your favorite shampoo. I love the many different smells you can get from candles. My favorites are spice and pine scented ones during the holidays.

2. My eyes. Up until about a year ago I have had pretty good eyesight. That's when I started getting that middle age loss of eyesight that most people get. It is so annoying to not be able to read the same print I have all of my life and to always have to look for a pair of glasses so I am not straining so hard. My mother and grandmother have macular degeneration and I am worried that I will also have it. Not a fun thought. So I am grateful for my eyes and that I can still see....somewhat.

3. The sound of people laughing....in a good way. Not laughing at other people to be mean, but when they are having such a good time. I especially love the laugh of babies and children. It is even better when you can laugh with them, it can be a stress reliever.

No comments: