Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend

What a fun extended weekend it has been. Thursday - enjoying a great meal with friends and family. Friday - Getting up at 3:45 to be at Wally world by 4:30 for the SALES!!! I love fun of getting most of my Christmas shopping done and knowing that I got the items for a steal of a deal. Dennis is such a good sport and goes with me, and I am grateful that I don't have to go alone. In all we went from Wal-mart to Sports Authority, Michaels, Best Buy and JoAnns, then home to eat breakfast, and off then I was off alone this time back to Wal-Mart to see if by chance that I something I really wanted (which they ran out of earlier) had been abandoned and actually back in stock. This has happened in the past so I was hoping. I ended up spending 3 times more on this trip that the earlier one. Alisha and I had been hoping to get some Cricut cartridges from Michaels that were such an awesome price, but they ran out of Thursday, so when I went back to Walmarts I checked to see if they by chance had any and they in fact did. Then I saw people getting lots of flannel and found out that it was an excellent price as well, so I loaded up on that so I can make lots of baby blankets this year. Once I got home Dennis and I went to looking on the internet for the one item I had gone back for in the first place, and found it at Walmart.com for the sale price. After lunch Amanda called and said they needed a ride home from Logan and we had told them on Thursday that we would come and get them if their suburban was not able to get fixed, so we borrowed a truck and trailer and drove to Logan in two vehicles to bring their family home.

Saturday - Amanda and I went to the massage school for a 2 for 1 massage deal. It felt so good. Afterwards we came home and did a foot detox, that also felt so good. Later (after she had time to feed and take care of her kids), we finished up our girls day out with more shopping. First at JoAnns (I wanted to get some more good deals and they had such great coupons), then to the craft fair at the Spanish Fork fairgrounds. After that Amanda and Alisha went home and Dennis and I took Clay out to dinner for a deal we had made with him. Then picked up Tyler at Amanda's kids and took them all to our house so they could all play together. They LOVE being together, running all over the house like madmen. After Amanda's family left, I crashed. It had been 3 long but funfilled days. I went to bed and left Dennis to take care of Clay and Tyler and make sure they got to bed ok.

It was so nice to have a relaxing Sunday today, even though the boys were still here. I really enjoy going to church and being spiritually uplifted. It helps me gt through the week.

Here are some pictures from our wonderful Thanksgiving.
Eating dinner


Great Grandma Christensen


Brother in Law Tony giving everyone a shoulder massage. He has magic fingers.


Playing games

No comments: