Sunday, November 9, 2008

Thankful for -

1. I am thankful for Sundays. Glad for the day of rest from our daily labors. Thankful to be able to attend a beautiful, warm church building and have my spiritual cup filled.

2. I am thankful for wonderful teachers. I probably appreciate it much more since I am not a good teacher. I have all these thoughts in my head and heart, but getting them out in any coherent order for others to understand just doesn't happen and therefore I am always feeling so stupid and embarrassed. I admire people who speak and teach and are so interesting. It is even hard for me to just carry a normal conversation with people. It is one area in my life that I feel so lacking in. It is also the area that Heavenly Father thinks I need to grow in and so I seem to always have callings that require me to get up in front of people. I don't know if that part of me will ever get polished or refined.

3. I am thankful for hugs. I did not grow up in an affectionate family. We knew we were loved, but it wasn't shown by hugging. It took me years after marrying into a very affectionate family to grow accustomed to people in my personal space and actually enjoy it. I love getting hugs from other people, but it is hard for me to give them freely to other adults, even my adult children. I especially love hugs from my grandchildren. Especially the ones that are so freely given. They seem to go through stages where they don't want to give hugs or kisses and then I make a game of it and chase them around until I catch them and steal a kiss from them. I think they like that, but I prefer the loves they give openly and freely. I admire people who give hugs so openly and freely.

No comments: