Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Grandma's Big Day

I wanted to take my grandkids to Hee Haw Farms for the day. I wish they all lived close so they could have all gone, but we had fun with those that live close by. So Saturday I invited Amanda to come along, because I knew I could not handle 5 kids with 3 of them under age 2, and away we went for a wonderful afternoon. It brings such joy to my heart to watch the cousins "love" each other and act like they haven't seen each other in years even if it has been just a few days. And boy do they get silly. Who would have thought that a 9, 6 and 2 year old could love each other so much and have such fun together. Here are a ton of pictures of our GRAND day. Even I got brave and let someone take my picture getting in on some of the action. I did find out one thing though - I don't like fast moving rides (or in this case slides) much anymore. If you look close at the picture of me on the slide that is definitely a terrified look on my face. My thrill seeking days are over. I am now officially one of the "Old" people who may just have to stand around and watch. I went got a little camera happy and took a measly 250 pictures in the 3 hours we were there.

Hayrides are so fun - except for Lydia who wasn't too sure. An added treat was the candy that was thrown into the wagon as we rode along.

The gang and Amanda's cool 3 passenger jogger. It was very useful.

The pedal cars - Fun for all ages!

The Animal Train - Porter's favorite ride. He missed the train once and chased it down the road just sobbing.

Cousins

Petting Zoo - Lydia must have thought the calves fur was soft 'cause she kept running her hands throught it.

Good kids to pose for one more picture for grandma

What a cutie!

Just hanging around on the very Slow swing.



A terrified Grandma?!? What a wimp!

Porter and mommy love the slide. Lydia is more terrified than grandma!

Who can resist the mug shots.

This slide is more to Lydia's liking.



While the rest of the kids had a blast all day, Lydia was only happy when she was eating or throwing something.

5 comments:

alisha peterson said...

Looks like it was so much fun. I'm glad you had a chance to spen time with most of your grandkids

Min said...

I'm so glad that you had fun! The kids looked liked they loved it! We miss you!

Pays said...

What fun Grandma!! The slide was my favorite.

Suzy said...

What a fun Grandma! I love the slide picture! You are so brave for trying it!

Blanco Family said...

What a cute bunch of grandkids. I'm glad everyone had so much fun. I love the picture of Debbie on the slide.