Friday, October 24, 2008

I love warm fall afternoons

Amanda and her kids came up to the house today because Porter wanted to watch "Einsteins". It is the main reason he comes to grandma's house. He will sit absolutely still for hours watching. Lydia always goes and gets the remotes when the music signals the show is almost over. She want's me to turn on a new one. She likes them as well, but doesn't sit still like her brother. She is all over the place, keeping busy, never looking at the TV until the music signals the end, then she runs to the remotes. I had a few errands to run while they were watching TV and when I came back they were outside. Amanda was mowing my lawn and the kids were raiding the freezer looking for Popsicles. Once they got the Popsicles they went out to the swing set. It was the perfect fall afternoon for the kids to be outside and such a nice thing for Amanda to do for me.

Isn't that laugh so cute!


Always a serious face.


Such a thoughtful daughter.

Later we went to Savers looking for Halloween costumes. It was discouraging to say the least. The store was crowded, tons of people and stuff. I haven't been there in years and the store is looking really trashy. Just a yucky feel to it all. Halloween is my least favorite holiday. I am not against wearing costumes, I just don't like trying to think of one. I am not creative in that area at all.

After Savers I met up with Alisha and we went to the Pebble's warehouse sale. Now that is much more fun. Of course we spent way too much money, but we had a good time together, and got lot's of cool stuff. Scrapbooking is so much more fun than Halloween, and spending time with my daughters is always fun.

2 comments:

Pays said...

I have been to the Pebbles warehouse sale before. It's awesome!! such great deals....I love it!!!

kimmers said...

I went to Savers to find a costume and they were all skanky and trashy. I don't want to be a wench, french maid, or naughty devil!