Friday, February 5, 2010

January Blues? No Time for the blues!

January was a blur. In the past I always looked forward to January as a time to do crafts and sew. A time to relax, refresh and renew after a hectic holiday season which at our house seems to stretch from October to the end of January. I was looking forward to a nice calm relaxing January this year as well, but it just wasn't meant to be. Here are some of the things that have kept me busy:

1. I am taking an online course called "The School of Natural Healing" It is a 2 year course and there is a lot of reading involved as well as getting together with a study group to watch the videos on the computer, fill out worksheets, and have discussions.

2. I started a 12 week class to learn how to use the new embroidery software I got. Plus there is a homework assignment every week.

3. I made a quilt and pajamas for my grandsons birthday.

4. I belong to 2 book clubs and have been busy trying to keep up on all the reading.

5. To support my daughter Alisha, I joined her choral group (in Payson no less) with my other 2 daughters and we practice once a week.

6. I also started going to our ward choir after a 3 or 4 year hiatus.

7. I started cleaning out my basement. Started is the key word, but I did get rid of a lot of stuff and cleaned out some closets, but the contents now sit on the bed waiting to be reassigned.

8. I have tended my sweet grandkids.

9. Spent one day in wedding activities for my nieces wedding (of which it was a delight and honor to be included. Thanks Kim, it was a lovely day!

10. I started working on personal progress.

11. Every Saturday I went to a 4 hour class on how to improve your brain. Plus the homework from the classes.

Whew, that made me tired just thinking of it all. Now that February is here, life still won't settle down any. All the classes and schooling are ongoing, except for the brain class which ended, but there will now be some other things associated with it, I'm just not sure yet what they are. The Payson choral group goes through Easter, and there are always books to be read. I hope to get the basement finished (cleaned and organized), several craft projects that I really want to do, and gardening to get ready for (I just started a 6 week gardening class). I think I need more hours in a day, and more days in the week. But I love it all, because it keeps my mind and body active.

No comments: