Sunday, February 7, 2010

Personal Progress: Divine Nature #2

Understanding and recognizing divine feminine qualities in ourselves and others. The young women are to ask their mother or another mother they admire what she thinks are important attributes for being a mother.

Some attributes I have seen in women I greatly admire, to name just a few: Sybel, my grandma, and Jeanette my dear friend

patient
soft of voice
uses everyday moments as teaching opportunities
show more love and less criticism
don't worry about what other people think, but only what the Lord thinks
charitable
always willing to help others, even when it is not convenient
always thinking of others


These are some of the attributes that I am still working on, but definitely lacked when raising my kids. I am thankful for the great examples of these two women and of many others that the Lord has placed in my life.

I am grateful to be a woman, mother and grandmother and will continue striving to be better. The best thing about being a grandma is that I can recognize all the mistakes I made with my children and not make them with my grandchildren. I can love them more unconditionally and see that things will work out alright with patience and LOVE. Lots of LOVE!!!

No comments: