Sunday, February 7, 2010

Personal Progress: Knowledge #5

Learn about an area of work or service that interests you.

I have been interested in alternative health for a few years now. At first I just listed to a radio program called "A Healthier You" on KSTAR 1400 AM on Saturday mornings at 9:00. Then I started doing research on particular topics of medical problems that I or my family had. Next I bought a few books and read them. Now I have enrolled in the School of Natural Healing which I am learning so much from. It is a two year course of home study and is excellent. It has made it all the more fun to do this with my daughter Amanda. I love learning! I love knowing that I am becoming prepared in such a way, that not only is this great information for everyday life, but in the event of a disaster when medical help for the masses is almost non existent I will know what to do to help my family and others. Since I have been learning about alternative health care, I have not had to go to the doctor in 3 years except to have cholesterol tests done. I am hoping that this last test I had on Friday will show that all the diet and exercise these past 18 months have proven successful in lowering and stabilizing my cholesterol and I won't have to go at all. I have seen my daughters use the information Amanda and I have learned and they now also haven't had to take their children to the doctor. They just know what to do when a child gets sick, and even better, what to do to keep them from getting sick. We started a book club in January so we can discuss with other people the important things that are in books written my medical doctors, that most other doctors don't want the masses to know. If everyone knew the things in these books, the doctors wouldn't make money.

No comments: