Sunday, February 7, 2010

Personal Progress: Knowledge #6

Memorize two of your favorite hymns. Learn the correct conducting pattern, and conduct them in a proper setting.

When I was 16 I memorized "There Is A Green Hill Far Away". One of the general authorities spoke about how memorizing a hymn would help us so whenever we had bad thought enter into our minds, we could start humming our song and that evil spirit would leave. At that time I drove my dad's old pickup and it didn't have a radio, so I would sing this song over and over all the time. It especially comforted me when driving in the dark.

Last year I started practicing the piano again for several months and memorizing some of the songs I was practicing.

"Come Follow Me" and "Did You Think To Pray"

I am thankful that I learned years ago how to lead the hymns and have had many opportunities over the years to lead whenever I was asked to or there was a need.

No comments: