Friday, January 22, 2010

The Atonement

This week for my personal scripture study I have studied about faith. Today as part of that I studied about the Atonement. There are so many great scriptures about it. After all the study I am to write in my journal my feelings about the Savior and what He has done for me.

How does one tell how grateful they are about something so wonderful, amazing and important as the Atonement. I cannot comprehend such great love as the Savior has for me (and you) to do this for us. The only way I can even begin to understand it is the love I have as a mother for my children, and now my grandchildren. I love them so much and would do anything to bring about their salvation. But being human, I get frustrated with them and sometimes even mad at them (heaven forbid). The Savior does not love us in that way, His love is unconditional. He patiently waits for us to get on the ball and recognize His hand in our lives. He forgives us when we sincerely repent and looks upon that sin no more. I am so thankful to know that He loves me in such a way, and it makes it easier to surrender my will to His, because He knows what is best for me and what I need to become so that I can live in His presence. My greatest desire is to be with my family in the Celestial kingdom, and to do that I need to live a Christ like life, but because I am mortal and prone to make many mistakes, because of His love and Atoning sacrifice, He can and will forgive me through my repenting and I can move on and strive to do better.

No comments: