Saturday, June 20, 2009

One Mans Trash is Another Mans Treasure

I look forward to this day all year . My sisters, mom and dad and I get together every June and go garage sale-ing. It started years and years ago and has been a tradition ever since. We meet around 8:00 in the morning and drive to Heber. We found that this one neighborhood has a garage sale every year on the Saturday before Fathers Day and it is our favorite place. We find the bulk of our purchases in this neighborhood. Every year it seems to be different people sitting out in front of their own houses selling their wares. I came away today spending less than 10.00 and got over 200.00 in stuff. That does not include the garage sale we stopped at by my sisters house where I found a practically new gas lawn edger for 50.00. I have been wanting one of these for years, but did not want to fork out the $100 plus dollars. It is so much fun to get together with family and visit, eat, shop for dirt cheap treasures and have hardly a care in the world. I LOVE MY FAMILY!!!

1 comment:

kimmers said...

Yard-saling with the Nash family is so fun! Grandpa always finds the best stuff!