Monday, June 1, 2009

Saturday fun

Alisha and Randy invited us to go camping with them at Burrston Ponds in Mona. We couldn't go Friday night due to another obligation and Dennis had to be home for church on Sunday (since he missed the week before), so we just went for the day on Saturday. It's nice that it is close enough to do that. We sat around the fire and visited for awhile, then did a few hours of fishing. Have I ever told you that I just love fishing. Really, no joking. I love just relaxing, watching the landscape, do some reading, and if I catch fish that is a big bonus. No one around the ponds were catching fish, so we didn't really expect to catch any either, but it is just fun to try, so when I actually caught one, and a good 12" one at that, it was pretty exciting. Dennis and our grandson C each caught fingerlings, but let them go as they were too small to eat. Randy's parents came and joined us for hotdogs and roasted marshmallows. We had a super fun time - thanks Alisha and Randy for inviting us.

C & T looking bored. They really wanted to go fishing and us adults just weren't moving fast enough.


C watching me take care of my fish - kind of hard to see it in my hands(umm, it sure made a tasty dinner)


Isn't that such a sweet face. T was bored with fishing because there was no action, so while he was playing around, Dennis caught this cute photo.



Randy and his mom roasting marshmallows


Chillin' around the fire

No comments: