Friday, August 7, 2009

Springville World Folkfest - Day 4

Thursday, July 30

No rehearsals today, yeehaw! We got to sleep in and it felt WONDERFUL. We were informed on Tuesday that all groups had to have their own potluck with the host families and participants from each country. I think our group was just about the only one who actually did this, and it was so lame. Since we slept in(me until 8:00 and the girls until 9:30) we did not eat breakfast until 10:00. The potluck was scheduled for noon. I was excited FOR the potluck so I would not have to come up with lunch ideas today, boy was I WRONG! Because of the late breakfast, they did not eat anything at the potluck, and as soon as we got home, they were hungry. So white rice and kimchi today, and they cooked it, because I did not know how. I had no idea what to do today to kill 3 hours between lunch and time to leave for the evening. I asked them what would they like to do and they said "SWIMMING". Malinda and I took them to the Scera Pool. They were so cute - when I pulled into the parking lot, they asked "THIS POOL?" and I replied in the affirmative, then they said "THIS FUN". They seemed to have a good time. Malinda's babies had a great time. Little K loves the water and although at first hesitant about the slide, actually found that she loved it and kept going down it all by herself. Baby A loved it until she got sleepy, then the fussiness began. The Korean girls did not ACT like they were having fun, at least not the way American kids act. But they kept assuring me that they were having fun.
Apparently they didn't bring swim suits with them, so they wore some of their clothes.






They had to be at the Arts Park at 6:30 again tonight. So did Amanda's Mexicans, and she volunteered to take my girls down with her. It was HEAVENLY to have an extra hour and a half to do dishes and take a short breather before going to the performances (which start at 8:00 pm). THANK YOU AMANDA!!!

No comments: