Sunday, August 9, 2009

Lindon Days 5K

Dennis and I had been wanting to run another 5k, but up until Saturday hadn't been able to. I was going to run without paying money just for the experience and to time myself. Dennis always pays so he can get a shirt (one of these days I will make him a quilt out of all the shirts he has acquired). But today, when I found out the price was only 12.00 and that included the shirt I decided what the heck. I start out running, then do quite a bit of walking, and run again when I catch my breath and feel like pushing myself. I do this the whole 3 plus miles.

Usually I have been the one taking pictures of Dennis while he runs, so this is quite a change. BEWARE - I look awful without my hair done and no makeup.

I finished in 35 minutes and 23 seconds and felt really good. Notice the lady running behind me - it was my goal to beat her and I'm glad I did because......


......I took first in my age group 50-60 year olds. WOOT, WOOT!!! Only in a small town race would that ever happen. The second place runner in my category was the lady who was right behind me. It was worth the extra effort to push myself at the finish. (Huge pat on the back for me - Yeah Baby)

The 2 runners and 1 run/walker

1 comment: