Friday, March 27, 2009

Wednesdays specials

I just love competition, I mean stores competing with one another for good deals. We have had 2 new stores come to the valley in the last 6 months or so. Sunflower Market and Buy Low. Wednesday's is the day they have a special of some sort. Sunflower market has double ad on Wednesdays, which means you can get last weeks deals and the upcoming weeks on the same day. At Buy Low, on Wednesdays they have special produce sales which are phenomenal. Both stores are crazy with people all trying to get in on the good deals.

Amanda and I started getting together a few months ago and have been going nearly every Wednesday since. We hit Sunflower Market, Buy Low and Costco. This week we threw in Tenochtitlan Market (the Spanish grocery store buy Staples) because they had a sale on Mango's that no other store could match. By the time we get home my trunk is full. We end up at one of our houses (usually Amanda's) and make up a huge salad and split it in two for us to both eat from for the upcoming week. It has saved me so much money and a lot of time doing this. The only thing that could possibly be better is if all my girls could be here and do this with us. If that was the case, we would need a bus for all the car seats and groceries. But imagine the FUN!!!

Some of the specials of the day. What I can't eat during the week I usually freeze for later use.

2 comments:

alisha peterson said...

your going to have to buy them for me on wendsenday and when i come friday i can pick them up

Pays said...

I didn't know that about Farmers Market. I will have to keep that in mind for next Wed. I love their produce!