Friday, March 27, 2009

Spring! Where are you?

I decided this year to plant an herb garden. I went to get some actual plants, but they were pretty pricey, so I got some seed packets (1.00 at Wally world), a plant tray and away I went. After filling up the peet discs with water and watching them expand, I planted the seeds, labeled everything and placed it on a heating pad on my kitchen cabinet. It took 2 days for the first little seedlings to appear. They should be ready to plant outdoors (after a few transfers to larger pots) by the end of April, middle of May (depending on the weather). I am way excited.


I also bought some raspberries starts today and will plant those when the weather warms up again. I haven't had fresh picked raspberries since we moved from our last house. I have really gotten the gardening fever this year. I even bought some tomato plants to put out in the garden under walls of water to see if I can beat my dad to the first tomato of the season.

Where O where is that warm spring weather??? I need you!!!!

No comments: