Monday, February 23, 2009

Where O Where is Lula Bell

Lula Bell is one on the many nicknames I have for my sweet granddaughter L. Last night the family all came over for FHE, dinner and a lesson. After we were all done and most everyone had left, someone asked where L was. A quick check outside and downstairs and around the upstairs and no answer. So we all start to get really worried and start doing a more through search. I don't know what was going through the mind of everyone else, but I kept thinking that some of the kids just left and she could be outside in the cold and dark, but then you would think we would hear her crying, so then you start thinking the worst. Dennis is running around the house yelling her name, but there is no answer. Then I hear this really faint cry, like it's coming from downstairs, but Dennis has been down there and checked it out thoroughly. I happened to be standing in the hallway and heard it again and decided to check out my bedroom because it was the only place we had not looked yet, and there she was, coming out of my closet (of all places). I guess we will never know what she was doing in there, all alone with the bedroom door shut. Later when I was getting ready for bed, I noticed that the dresser scarf was hanging off the dresser and half the contents that normally sit on top were now on the floor. My sweet little Lula Bell was having a grand time in grandma's room with noone to tell her she couldn't. Still, I can't imagine what she was doing in the closet......We just count our many blessings that we found her and found her safe!!!

1 comment:

Min said...

What a silly girl, but so cute! I miss those cute little kids...all of them!