Tuesday, December 30, 2008

New YEARS baby?

I am just so excited I have to share. Malinda called today and said the doctor is going to induce her at 5:00 pm today. She was due on Jan 6, 2009, but the doctor told her at her appointment the week before Christmas that he would induce her on Jan 2 if she went that long. She was quite excited about that. She had an appointment today and found out that her blood pressure is elevated, so the doctor wants to take it today to avoid any complications later on. She is SOOOOO EXCITED!!! We feel very fortunate to have a cousin of Dennis' living in the same area and she wants to watch Katrae while Malinda has this baby. That is such a relief when there is no mother or mother in law around to help. Now the sad part is that I don't have plane tickets until Jan 12 so I have to wait over 2 weeks to go help and see the new little one. This will be grandchild #10. (I am not that old am I? - No! Just a very young grandma!!!)4 grandsons and 6 granddaughters. I am so blessed.

4 comments:

Aloha said...

congratulations!!!!!
Love Kitty

Suzy said...

Congratulations! For some reason I didn't even know they were expecting! How exciting...and you are too young to be a grandma!

Kellie said...

That is such great news! I'm glad you're at least getting to go on the 12th. How long will you stay? I'm so excited for you.

Blanco Family said...

Wow 10!!!! you have us beat by 5. Isn't it great to be a grandma!