Thursday, April 21, 2011

Family

I have been sitting here catching up on some email and blogs that I haven't had time to read in.. like.. forever. The blogs made me cry. While reading them it just all hit me all that has gone on the past few months of my life and how no matter what happens, as long as we have our family, nothing else should matter. Here are just some of the random thoughts in my head about my family:
-I miss Mark more than ever now, after having him here for just a few short days (2 different times) in the past 6 months. We have always been very close, being my only son, and I miss our talks and the way he loves children, and how the grandkids idolize their "uncle Mark". I love watching how they play together and am sad that he probably won't have anymore children.
-It was truly an incredibly amazing experience witnessing the birth of our newest grandson (still yet unnamed). I love being so close to my daughters so I can help them after giving birth and holding and loving these perfect beings.
-It makes me sad for my sister who's grandchildren have all moved away and she won't be there for the first time at the birth of her soon to be grandchild.
-I envy her family and the love they all have for one another. It truly seems like a miracle, as so many people I talk to say that just doesn't happen in real life.
-I have the best sisters in the world and I am so thankful that we have a great relationship.
-I wish my children could all get along and have great love (and acceptance) for one another. Satan really does try to tear families apart and some people give him more allowance into their lives than they understand or realize.
-I have been so blessed in my personal life, to have not lost too many loved ones to that thing called death.....that is until the past 6 months. It has made me realize how fragile and short life really is....and that I need to do a whole lot better at showing others how much they mean to me. I need to learn how to shut Satan out and not let those negative (or just lazy) thoughts enter into my head. I need to say thank you and I love you more often. I need to be more focused on peoples feelings and stressing less on things (remodeling projects? for one).
- I am so thankful for the gospel of Jesus Christ and the blessings I receive daily....for my family......a healthy body......wonderful friends.......prayer........opportunities to serve......that my trials are not those of someone else (earthquakes, tsunamis, flooding, tornadoes, cancer, loneliness, etc)....a roof over my head.....people who love me......a Savior who atoned for MY sins.....the ability to repent and be forgiven and start anew every week.....and for ALL OF YOU!

1 comment:

kimmers said...

Isn't it interesting the perception we have of other people vs. ourselves? I am so thankful that we are close as as family but we are so far from perfect. When I was growing up I used to think my family was perfect, but then reality hit and I became an adult and realized that we are all dysfunctional in our own way. I think you guys are such a great family and you seem so happy and close. You guys are great parents and if your kids don't want to get along then they are missing out on great experiences together!!