Sunday, November 6, 2011

Where DOES the time go

My, has it really been 6 months since I last posted? How does that happen? I do occasionally get on blogger and check out what is going on in everyone elses life, but I just get lazy and don't post. I have noticed that I am not the only one who has sort of fallen off the blogging Merry-Go-Round. About 2/3 of the people that used to blog a year ago have not posted anything for a very long time. I wonder why that is?

So here is a quick update on our family, the best I can remember.
1. We had two new grandsons born this past spring. They are now 5 1/2 and 6 1/2 months old. Amanda and Malinda are the proud mothers of these adorable little ones. They are as different as night and day and we wouldn't have it any other way.
2. We only got to go camping twice this year (well 3 times for me). I was privileged to go with Alisha and Randy's family to Bear Lake and crash their family reunion. I have only driven by Bear Lake 2 or 3 times in my life, so I really enjoyed it. We went to Minnetonka Caves which is nearby in Idaho. Our second trip was to Gooseberry Reservoir. All our kids and their families came, plus our dear friends the Dunn's, as well as Alisha's in-laws and Malinda's in-laws and my mom and her friend. We had a wonderful time. Some of us didn't want the long Labor Day weekend to end. The third and final camping trip was to Goblin Valley with Amanda and Steve's family. We invited everyone else, but due to work schedules they weren't able to come. We had so much fun hiking and playing on the "Goblins". The weather was perfect for mid October.
3. We tried to get good use out of our "Pass of all passes" by going to Seven Peaks as often as we could. We had a great time going there as a family.
4. Dennis and I went to St. George the first week of October so he could officiate for Track and Field during the Huntsman World Senior Games. He loves doing it and is a great official. (He even received a totally unexpected award from the Utah State High School Athletic Association as Official of the Year. The games put us up in a very nice condo. While he was officiating, I spent two days quilting the very first quilt tops I ever pieced together on a long arm machine. There is a store there that has about 8 or so long arm machines and you can call ahead a reserve a time to use one. They are so good about helping as much or as little as needed. The first day I needed a LOT of help as I had never ever used one before. The second day, I didn't need as much. It was a lot of fun and a wonderful weekend.
5. We had a great time going out to Mark's house the first part of June to see Taylor get baptized. We got to stop and visit with my cousin Jim and his family. It was wonderful to visit with them and see their new home. Alisha came along with us to surprise Mark and we are glad she was able to come along. We had a really great time visiting with Mark and his family. We visited Bonanzaville again as Alisha had not been there. We did went to some garage sales, but had to be careful because the car was already packed to the gills. It was wonderful to be part of Taylor's baptism.
6. We did the annual Trunk or Treat as a family again this year. I think that makes it about 5 years straight. I am so glad our ward does this (and selfish enough that none of the kids wards do it) so we can all get together and build these fun memories. The kids get so much candy that the little ones can't even carry their bags they are so full.
7. Our remodel project is all done, except for a few small things. It was done months ago, but I failed to follow through with the updating of it. I still have pictures to hang, but that is minor.
8. We hosted for the Springville World Wide Folkfest again this year. The group we hosted were flag twirlers and dancers from Belgium. Dennis and I had Neela and Ingrid, both about 20 years old. It was a wonderful but exhausting week full of activities every hour. The best things about it is getting to meet new people and in one week become dear friends, and the other is getting to watch the performances every night.

I am sure there is much more to tell, but that is all I can think of at this late hour. I will try to be better at posting and keeping you all abreast of the going ons in the life of the Archuleta's.

No comments: