Friday, August 13, 2010

A day at the beach and other daily trivia

What a wonderful day this has been. It seemed like a breath of fresh air after the stressful week I have had.

To start off, I exercised, which is always fun especially when friends come and exercise with me. Then I planted the new Echinacea plant I bought at Costco yesterday. I have been wanting one of these for a few years, but have been to lazy to check out the local nurseries, so when I saw the plant just sitting there waiting for me to take it home, how could I not. After I finished planting it, I decided that it was time to finally put the pink edgers around that flower bed. That was the last thing that needed to be done from roto-tilling up a good chunk of lawn this spring and turning it into a garden. Then it was on to edging and mowing the lawn. I always love how the yard looks after it's mowed.
The area of lawn that was tilled under and turned into my new garden plot. All the sticks in the ground show where and what kind of seeds are planted. This picture is sometime in mid May.

The same area as the picture above, now covered with Cucumbers, Zucchini, Crook Neck Squash, Honeydew, Early Dew, Casaba, Crenshaw, Cantaloupe and watermelons. Spaghetti and other various types of winter squash, one baby pumpkin, raspberries and potatoes.


Echinacea plant and edging pavers. The pavers are level, but the grass is not.

Then Amanda, Malinda and I met up with Alisha at the reservoir in Spanish Fork. None of us had ever been there before. It is a really fun place to visit and it is free. The water was colder than I had anticipated, but most of the kids didn't seem to mind it. The adults played in the water with the kids for awhile, then we sat on the beach and visited while watching the kids have fun digging in the sand and playing at the waters edge. What a nice relaxing afternoon. (I need to get pictures from Alisha).

No comments: