Saturday, September 25, 2010

General Womens Meeting

I just got back from attending Womens Conference at the Conference Center in Salt Lake with my daughters. We had a wonderful day together.

We went to Olive Garden for a late lunch, which was nice. Then on to the Conference Center. Alisha got tickets through her ward which was very nice. 5 years ago I was able to get tickets for all of us to go together for our first time. Since then we have tried to take turns attending at each others Stake Centers. While we were waiting for the meeting to start we visited with some ladies who live in the Salt Lake area but are originally from Venezuela.

I loved the meeting, but especially President Monson's talk. It was a good reminder for me to not be judgmental. It is something I struggle with, but hope that I am getting better at. I loved the story about the neighbor and her dirty laundry. To paraphrase: There was this young couple that would sit down to breakfast together and about once a week the neighbor would hang out her laundry and the young woman would comment to her husband, "There goes our neighbor again hanging out dirty laundry, you would think she knew better". One week as the young couple sat down to breakfast and the neighbor hung out her laundry, the young woman commented, "Wow, she is hanging out clean laundry, she finally got it figured out". The husband said, "No, I just got up early this morning and cleaned our windows." What a good visualization lesson that will be for me. I also loved President Monson's sense of humor. He is adorable. I LOVE OUR PROPHET!!!

I am really looking forward to General Conference next week. To "feast" at the feet (so to speak) of our leaders. It is such an awesome experience.

Thanks girls for a wonderful time.

No comments: